Is Chiropractic Care Beneficial or Dangerous?
The world of chiropractic care is not very well known, besides the negative aspects of it you hear on the news or from doctors. If used in the correct way and with a knowledgeable chiropractor, it can be a great benefit to your overall health and well being. I have worked under chiropractors for the past 8 years as a chiropractic assistant and a massage therapist I have had a lot of time and experience being in the world of chiropractic and want to share with you what its really like to receive chiropractic care. Most people don’t really have much knowledge about chiropractic care unless you have been somewhat forced to go see one due to a back injury or something along those lines. Just so you guys know I am not a chiropractor, I am just sharing my knowledge and experience working in this field.
Before we begin I just want to state that I wholeheartedly believe Chiropractic care if used in the correct way. I have seen it change people’s lives who could barely walk, to athletes who recovered quickly and correctly. Obviously, there is always good and bad doctors so it’s always best to do your research and find someone through word of mouth rather than picking the first one you find on google.
History of Chiropractic care
- Developed by Daniel David Palmer. Chiropractic means done by hand.
- Wanted to create something that had a philosophical and scientific rational to explain the effects of manipulation.
- Performed the first chiropractic adjustment is September of 1895.
- Developed chiropractic and in 1897 established the Palmer School of cure, now known as palmer college of chiropractic.
Why do people not believe in chiropractic?
- Injuries- Make sure you find a doctor who Knows what they are doing. There is nothing worse than someone wrenching on your neck and back.
- Medical Doctors don’t really support Chiropractic. Medical doctors practice medicine, while DC is more of a holistic approach and don’t prescribe medicine.
- Medical doctors fear adjustments on the neck may cause a stroke, and if done improperly even death.
- Studies show that it takes nine times the force of a regular adjustment to do any damage to the arteries. Basically, you are more at risk damaging these arteries by playing sports or turning your head to complete a turn while driving.
- People are afraid of the cracking noise that an adjustment makes- pockets of air that is in the fluid that surrounds your joints pop.
- Bad experiences with past chiropractors.
The great thing about chiropractic care is that it can help heal a wide variety of injuries from sports injuries, car accidents, to accidents that happen at work. There are so many options out there that you don’t have to just rely on pain meds to get through life if you have an injury that you need help recovering from. Once you take the fear aspect out of the equation, you realize the only thing to fear is feeling amazing. Remember to do your research before choosing a chiropractor and good luck on your health journey!